WRITTEN BY Tammy Dalton, Modern Salon & Spa
PHOTOGRAPHY BY Jenni Council
Now that this long, chilly winter is creeping away, it’s time to shed your wool coat, venture out of the house and explore your city! But as you prepare to leave the house, how do you spiff up your “winter” hair? Rest assured, you don’t have to spend 45 minutes styling it. Simplicity is often better and it can result in styles that are classy and creative!
Let’s face it. On some days, your styling gadgets just won’t listen to you and you are, inevitably, going to give in to the ponytail. But don’t despair. These simple and easy changes will enhance any look!
To perk up your go-to pony, add a simple braid through your fringe or on one side of the head. As you pull your hair into a bun, leave out a section to braid and wrap around the bun. Headbands are also a trendy addition. Add one to your bun or ponytail and sloppy becomes chic.
Read the full beauty post to learn how to glamorously perk up your ponytail or bun!
perk up a ponytail
1. BRAID A SECTION THROUGH YOUR FRINGE AREA DOWN THE SIDE OF YOUR FACE. AFTER THE BRAID IS SECURE, PULL EVERYTHING BACK INTO YOUR NORMAL PONYTAIL.
2. TO ADD INTEREST, LIGHTLY PULL SECTIONS OF THE BRAID UP TO CREATE VOLUME IN THE BRAID.
3. ADD A HEADBAND AND THE LOOK IS COMPLETE.
brighten your bun
1. WRAP YOUR PONYTAIL INTO A BUN LEAVING OUT A SECTION TO BRAID.
2. BRAID THE SECTION AND WRAP IT AROUND THE BUN. SECURE IT WITH A HAIRPIN.
3. ADD YOUR HEADBAND AND YOU’RE READY TO ROCK!