Featured in our September 2017 Food + Entertaining article, Summer’s Bounty, this recipe is a blend of refreshing cucumber, biting garlic, and an array of herbs and greens for a spicy, cooling soup.
Green GazpachoCourse: Soups
2 large cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
2 cups arugula
1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a blender, combine the cucumber, garlic, arugula, mint, parsley, basil, red wine vinegar, water, salt and pepper until almost smooth.
- While the blender is running on low, stream in the extra virgin olive oil until well blended.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed and serve.
- Recipe from Kara and Marni Powers, Twin Tastes