This recipe is from our Spring 2016 Food + Entertaining article, Zest for Spring.
Zucchini Pappardelle with Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette, Arugula, and Feta Cheese
2 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon honey
Big pinch gray salt
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon lemon zest
Freshly ground black pepper
4½ pounds zucchini
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons thyme, minced
1 teaspoon rosemary, minced
1 teaspoon sweet smoked Spanish paprika
Cherry tomatoes (20 large or 40 small)
2 bunches arugula
½ cup crumbled feta, preferably French (about 3 ounces)
½ cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives (about 3 ounces)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Prepare the dressing:
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, mustard, honey and salt. Whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season with the zest and pepper.
- Prepare the vegetables:
- Using a mandoline, slice the zucchini lengthwise into 1⁄8-inch thick pappardelle turning the zucchini and slicing on 4 sides only until the seeds in the center are reached. Discard the centers.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic, thyme, rosemary and paprika with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Spread the zucchini slices on a large baking sheet and brush them with the garlic mixture. Broil for 3 minutes until light brown.
- Coat the cherry tomatoes with the remaining garlic mixture in a bowl. Put them on another baking sheet and broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until some skins pop and the tomatoes get slightly caramelized.
- To assemble:
- Put the arugula in a serving bowl and top with the zucchini and tomatoes. Drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle the feta and olives on top. Serve.
- Recipe by Michael Chiarello via The Food Network