This recipe is featured in our December 2015 Food + Entertaining article, Check a few more things off your list! Fantastic stocking stuffers and delicious holiday recipes. Round out your holiday menu with these go-to recipes from Danielle Rollins’ book Soirée: Entertaining with Style.
Endive Salad with Roasted Beets, Blue Cheese and Honey-Sherry VinaigretteCourse: Salads
- HONEY-SHERRY VINAIGRETTE:
1⁄4 cup sherry vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup grapeseed oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 small beets, 1 red and 1 golden
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 heads green Belgian endive
2 heads red Belgian endive
3 large blood oranges
1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled (optional, for garnish)
1⁄2 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped (optional, for garnish)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make the vinaigrette by combining vinegar and honey in a small bowl. Whisk in oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash beets and pierce all over with a fork. Rub with a little bit of oil and wrap in foil. Bake about 20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife. Let cool.
- Core endive and wash leaves; pat dry. Segment oranges by cutting off the tops and bottoms of the oranges and then cut- ting off the skin. Remove segments using a sharp knife, being careful to cut away the white pith. Peel beets and dice.
- Combine endive and oranges in a large bowl and toss with vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, divide among plates and garnish with cheese and hazelnuts, if desired.