Featured in our Summer 2022 Food + Entertaining article, Gather & Explore, this refreshing Frosé cocktail is perfect for hot summer days.
1 bottle rosé wine
¼ cup vodka
4–6 tablespoons strawberry simple syrup
- For the strawberry simple syrup:
½ cup water
½ cup sugar
1 cup chopped strawberries
- Pour the wine into a gallon Ziploc bag. Place the bag in a dish then freeze overnight (wine doesn’t freeze solid so don’t be concerned if it is a little slushy).
- Add frozen wine, vodka, and strawberry simple syrup (start with 4 tablespoons then add more if you like) to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- To make the strawberry simple syrup:
- Combine water and sugar in a Mason jar then microwave until boiling, 1 to 1½ minutes. Stir until sugar dissolves, then add strawberries and chill in the refrigerator overnight. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into another jar or measuring cup, then discard strawberries.
- Recipe from Kristin Porter, Iowa Girl Eats