Featured in our Summer 2023 Food + Entertaining article, Across the Generations, gingered carrot orange soup is a flavorful and easy summer recipe your guest will love.
Gingered Carrot Orange SoupCourse: Soups
1 pound carrots, chopped
2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
1½ teaspoons ginger paste or a 1-inch cube of fresh ginger
2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter spread
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
3 oranges, peeled and halved
¼-inch piece orange peel
Salt and pepper, to taste
Sour cream and fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Sauté carrots, onions and ginger in butter spread until soft.
- Add 2 cups of broth. Simmer until tender.
- Place oranges, orange peel and cooked vegetable mixture into a blender and secure lid.
- Turn machine on beginning at a low speed, then slowly increase to high speed. Blend for 30 to 45 seconds, until smooth. Adjust consistency with remaining 2 cups of broth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot or cold. Garnish with light sour cream and chopped cilantro.
- Recipe from Food Network