Featured in our Summer 2022 Food + Entertaining article, Gather & Explore, The People’s Biscuits is a classic, comforting biscuit recipe crafted by husband-and-wife chef team Bradley Nicholson and Susana Querejazu of Commodore Perry Estate.
The People’s BiscuitsCourse: Sides, Breakfast
1½ cups all-purpose flour, chilled
1 tablespoon sugar, chilled
2 teaspoons kosher salt, chilled
1 teaspoon baking soda, chilled
3 teaspoons baking powder, chilled
¾ cup butter, chilled
6.3 ounces buttermilk, chilled
- Combine all dry ingredients, mixing well. Grate in chilled butter. Mix in buttermilk until shaggy (just combined, do not overmix).
- Flour work surface and roll out to a square (as best you can). Fold square into 3 layers. Let rest for 1 hour, then portion into biscuits.
- Brush with egg wash and convection bake at 375–400 degrees for 10 minutes. Finish with honey butter and salt.
- Recipe from Bradley Nicholson and Susana Querejazu, Commodore Perry Estate
- Make Ahead: After adding the butter to the dry ingredients, the mixture can be chilled overnight and finished the next day.