PHOTOGRAPHY BY Taylor Mathis
Our Peachy family gathered for a wonderful soirée to kick off the holiday season. We shared our favorite holiday appetizers and sides. Today Delia McMullen, our Associate Editor, shares with you one of her favorite appetizers to prepare for the holiday season…Pistachio Pink Peppercorn-Coated Herbed Goat Cheese! This festive appetizer is easy to make and delicious.
Pistachio Pink Peppercorn-Coated Herbed Goat Cheese
- 3/4 cup shelled, roasted, salted pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dried pink peppercorns
- 1 (11 ounce) log plain mild goat cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus 32 small sprigs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Combine chopped pistachios and peppercorns in a small bowl. Using a fork, combine goat cheese, chopped rosemary and oil in medium bowl. Chill 15 minutes. Roll scant teaspoonfuls of cheese mixture into 32 balls (¾ inch diameter). Roll balls in pistachio mixture until coated well. Insert a rosemary sprig in each ball. Arrange in a single layer on serving tray. Chill at least 15 minutes before serving.