This recipe is from our Spring 2016 Food + Entertaining article, Zest for Spring.
Bourbon Glazed Salmon
Serve with Citrus Rice Salad.
¼ cup bourbon
¼ cup fresh orange juice
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup chopped green onions
3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, chopped
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag, then add salmon to bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 1½ hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Remove salmon from bag, reserving marinade. Place salmon on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cook 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- Baste the salmon frequently as it cooks—this is essential for great flavor!