This recipe is featured in our June/July 2014 Food +Entertaining Article, A Feast Fit for Dad.
Caramel Chocolate BrowniesCourse: Dessert
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup oatmeal, regular old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 sticks butter (6 ounces), cut into pieces and chilled
12 ounces chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
14 ounce bag of caramels, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in food processor. Add butter and process about 10 seconds. Remove 2 cups from bowl and reserve for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into 9×13 pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- Bring cream to simmer in a heavy saucepan. Add caramels and stir until smooth. Pour over chips.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Recipe from LuluPowers.com