This recipe is featured in our April 2018 Food + Entertaining article, A Spring Luncheon.
Green Goddess and Spring Microgreens SaladCourse: Salads
- For the salad:
Microgreens and edible flowers
Roasted yellow beets, thinly sliced (see note below)
- For the dressing (makes 1 ¾ cups):
1 cup coarsely chopped parsley
4 scallions, sliced
1 cup sour cream
¼ cup buttermilk
¼ cup mayonnaise
Juice of 1 lemon (scant ¼ cup)
1 small clove garlic, grated (about ¼ teaspoon)
1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Blend the parsley, scallions, sour cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, garlic and salt to desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Combine greens. Fold in beets and place in salad bowls. Drizzle with dressing and top with flowers.
- Recipe adapted from Desiree Currie
- Any remaining dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel beets. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Wrap in foil. Roast for 20 minutes. Allow to cool and then slice thinly. A mandoline (I use this one) makes slicing easy.