This recipe is featured in our April 2019 Food + Entertaining Article, Welcome A Vibrant Spring.
Pastry Cups with Roasted Tomato and Avocado Chive CremaCourse: Appetizers
- For the pastry cups
24 mini phyllo cups, pre-made (frozen)
- For the roasted tomatoes
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Fresh thyme, finely chopped
- For the crema
1 Hass avocado
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup chives, snipped
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons water
Kosher salt to taste
- For the pastry cups, bake phyllo cups per box instructions for unfilled cups.
- For the roasted tomatoes, preheat oven to 250 degrees. Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil then sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic and thyme. Bake 30–60 minutes depending on the size of the tomatoes.
- For the crema, cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place it into a food processor. Add the sour cream, snipped chives and lime juice to the food processor and blend for 60 seconds until smooth. Add water to thin out the crema and then remove it from the food processor using a spatula. Taste and season with salt as needed.
- To assemble, fill pastry bag with avocado creme and pipe into prepared cups. Top with tomato and serve.
- Crema recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking