This recipe is featured in our June/July 2014 Food +Entertaining Article, A Feast Fit for Dad.
Rosemary PotatoesCourse: Sides
6 – 8servings
30 baby potatoes (1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter, 1 3/4 pounds total)
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
10-15 rosemary stems
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cover potatoes in one inch of cold water in a 4-quart pot. Then add 1 tablespoon kosher salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are just tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and transfer to a large shallow pan to cool quickly.
- If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. Charcoal fire is hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 1 to 2 seconds. If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then reduce heat to moderately high.
- Meanwhile, toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil and remaining teaspoon kosher salt, then push 2 or 3 potatoes onto each rosemary stem.
- Grill potato skewers directly over coals, turning over occasionally with tongs, until grill marks appear, 3 to 4 minutes total.
- Transfer potatoes to a platter and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Recipe from LuluPowers.com