WRITTEN BY Liz Hilliard of Hilliard Studio Method
Whenever you have fresh vegetables on hand, it makes it easy to throw together a healthy dinner on the grill! We pair whatever we pick up at the local farmer’s market or grocery store with protein-rich fish. Here our our tips to make this effortless meal that even the kids will love.
- Pick out a small, low-mercury fish such as salmon, trout, flounder, or tilapia.
- Brush both sides with oil, season the top with salt, pepper, sliced lemon, and herbs.
- Grill skin side down until done.
Pro Tip: Pull your protein out of the refrigerator about 20 minutes before cooking to allow it to warm up and keep the grill at a medium temperature.
- Almost any veggie tastes great on the grill! We love squash, zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus, cabbage, kale, and radicchio.
- Toss veggies in oil, salt, and pepper.
- Grill away from the main flame.
Pro Tip: Use an oil with a high-smoke point such as grapeseed oil or refined coconut oil.