This recipe is featured in our Holiday 2017 Food + Entertaining article, Christmas Brunch.
Apple Cranberry Walnut SaladCourse: Salads
6 cups salad greens
1 red apple
1 green apple
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- For the dressing (see note)
1 cup apple juice
4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
Scant ½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup oil
- Core and chop apples (thin slices or 1-inch chunks). Toss lettuce, apples, walnuts, feta and cranberries together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Toss with salad immediately before serving.
- You can also use a store-bought poppyseed dressing with this salad. Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a larger group.
- Recipe from Tiffany Azure, Creme de la Crumb