Featured in our Summer 2023 Food + Entertaining article, Across the Generations, sip and savor this refreshing French 75 cocktail perfect for summer entertaining.
French 75Course: Drinks
1 ounce gin
½ ounce fresh lemon juice
½ ounce simple syrup (see recipe below)
4 ounces brut Champagne, chilled
- For the basic simple syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the gin, lemon juice and simple syrup. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well. Strain into a chilled flute and top with the Champagne.
- To make the simple syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and bring to a boil. Simmer the mixture over moderate heat until the sugar dissolves.
- The simple syrup can be refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.